You are here:
Family & Children First Council Homepage > Focus Areas > Child Well-Being > Early Childhood
If the family has a child prenatal to age 5:
The Office of Early Childhood/Invest in Children’s goals are pursued through a number of service strategies for children, from prenatal to the start of kindergarten. These strategies focus on better preparing our children to enter school ready to learn, and in good mental and physical health. Each of the programs is administered by lead agencies and implemented through partnerships with community-based organizations.
Effective Parents and Families
- Offering Home Visiting Services for expectant parents and families with children under the age of three.
- Offering professional services to children under the age of four who experience social emotional concerns and their parents/caregivers through the Early Childhood Mental Health Program.
|| Safe and Healthy Children
- Enrolling children in Healthy Start, free health insurance, for low-income and working families through the Healthy Start Outreach campaign.
- Promoting the importance of preventative health care through the establishment and use of a family’s Medical Home.
- Preventing newborns from lead exposure through Lead Safe Living.
|| Children Prepared for School
- Establishing a quality early care and education system through professional development, training and technical assistance to center-based and family child care home providers. This includes a new focus on providing voluntary universal pre-kindergarten.
- Helping child care programs provide the appropriate care and support to children with special needs through the Special Needs Child Care Program.
|| Community Committed to Children
- Raising awareness and bringing the community to a call for action – recognizing the importance of the early years and being committed to the success of every child.
|For more information, please contact:
Office of Early Childhood/Invest in Children
310 W. Lakeside Avenue, Suite 565
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 698-2215 or (216) 443-7575